Time is Gold: Deep Waters, Wise Stewardship

 

TIME IS GOLD

These were the words I heard when I woke from a dream on 28 August. I also sensed, You are going to have to use discernment to steward what I am giving you.

I had a powerful dream where I felt the fear of God on it, along with excitement and the weight of responsibility.

In my dream, I was given a beautiful luxury diver’s watch from a bespoke watch maker by a major automobile entity. I also had gold coins stored in a collector’s book. I was giving the gold coins away to a man, but I told him that I would take them back if they weren’t used.

End of dream.

The watch I was given was an expensive military diver’s watch, designed to function in demanding underwater environments. I had been given something valuable, but I also believe this speaks to identity and an invitation to go deeper.  There is no need for this specialist watch if you are not already diving and this was both a recognition and an invitation.

The gold coins had been stored in a collectors box that was red. To me, the red speaks of seasons of sacrifice, covenant, redemption, warfare and fire. Something valuable had been preserved through a costly process. The box speaks of precious things carefully stored.

The gold coins themselves represents an accumulation of wisdom, revelation, experience and capacity that has come through previous seasons. It is stored-up wealth and wisdom for the assignments ahead.

Because the watch was designed for military operations underwater, I believe there is also a message about learning to navigate both depth and timing in hostile environments. We need to know when to go deeper with God, but also discern the timing of what He has put into our hands to release and steward.

What is precious cannot be distributed indiscriminately or carelessly. We need discernment concerning where we invest what God has entrusted to us.

Reclaiming the Gold

One of the strongest parts of the dream was telling the man that I was giving some gold to, that I would take the gold back if it wasn't being used. I believe this speaks about reclaiming our time from unfruitful commitments and ventures. There are seasons when God may say: Sow your time into what I have given you for the Kingdom. Don't allow what He has entrusted to you to lie unused in someone else's hands. There may be places where something valuable has been invested without producing the fruit for which it was intended. This requires us to recognise its value and take responsibility again for how it is used. It also reminds me of the parable of the 1 Talent - use it or lose it.

We cannot take back time that has already passed, but we can reclaim the stewardship of our time going forward. This brought me to Ephesians 5:15–16:

“Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.”

There is a time to reclaim what has become fruitless, to redeem the time and to sow our gold deliberately into what God has actually given us to build. What God develops in the hidden place is eventually intended for faithful use. Our gold is not destined for the ventures of fantasy or compromise or the idleness of being buried unused.

Where Are You Depositing Your Gold?

Where are you depositing the gold you've been given?

Your gold may include your time and attention, creativity, wisdom, revelation, experience, relationships, finances or other resources. What God has entrusted to us should be sown deliberately into what He has actually given us to steward… And if you don't know what that assignment is, ask Him.

Don't simply look around at what everyone else is doing and assume that their assignment is yours. Stay in your lane and steward what God has placed in your hands. This is not about becoming busier. It is about becoming more discerning.

Redeem the time. Go deep. Recognise the gold, understand what it is for, and sow it deliberately. 

 

Time Is Gold

 

Prayer

Father God, help me to take responsibility again for the assignment You have entrusted to me. Give me discernment to recognise the gold You have placed in my hands and wisdom to know where to sow it. Help me to steward my time, revelation, experience and resources well, and to invest them into what You have given me to build for Your Kingdom. In Jesus' name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts